Flexible learning time can be private, semi-private or in a group
Yoga for Beginner Immersion Series
Week 1: Understand YOUR body anatomical structures & kinetic chains in yoga practice.
- Foundation of Yoga
- A happy downward facing dog & Chaturanga Dandasana for beginner
- The Ashtanga Key-Surya Namaskar/Sun Salutations
- Sun Salutation A, & closing sequence.
- Yoga tune up and body conditioning to cultivate core & arms strengths for stronger and safety practice.
Ashtanga yoga is 99% practice, 1% theory
What is Primary Series? Yoga Chikitsa (योग चिकित्सा, Yoga Cikitsā) is the Sanksrit (संक्सृत्, Saṁksr̥t) name for the primary series and it can be translated as Yoga Therapy. Therefore this series purifies and heals the body. Primary Series is the first of six series of Ashtanga vinyasa yoga method designed and intended to calm the mind, but while doing that, it also focuses on cleansing the internal body and keeping the organs doing their jobs. Through twists, folds, and bandhas or locks (inner muscular lift), circulation of the blood and lymph systems improve, making the body better at eliminating toxins. The Ashtanga practice is a set sequence of postures performed in the same order every time. Each posture builds on positions that come before it, and in a way that is intended to build internal heat. Practitioner can practice in any Ashtanga class worldwide or independently when the method is taught. Ashtanga yoga is physically and mentally demanding, and while modifications can be made to accommodate each practitioner, it is considered a more traditional and high self-discipline yoga practice.
- To fully detoxify your body, we suggested not eat heavy meal at least 1 hour before and after practice and not drink any liquid at least 30 minutes before and after practice.